Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review ~ Glitches by Marissa Meyer

Book: Glitches
Author: Marissa Meyer
Lunar Chronicles 0.5 ~ Prequel to Cinder
Edition Read: eBook

Blurb:

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. In "Glitches," a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...







My Review:
**4.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: This was a fantastic prequel to Cinder. I personally would recommend that you read it after reading Cinder however. You will better understand what is going on if you have already read the main book first (even though the events in Glitches come before). OR... if you are on the fence about reading Cinder, this is a good introduction.

PROS: I loved reading about little Cinder! She was so cute. I also really liked seeing the different things that made this little girl into the Cinder we loved in her title book.

CONS: Ok, I didn't think I could dislike Adri any more that I already did. But to see how she acted even before coming into some money... wow. What a horrible, horrible person. <-- I guess this isn't really a 'con.' Just a character I don't like. : )  The one actual 'con' that I did have was that we really didn't get a grasp of just how old/young Cinder is in this story. It would have been nice to get an actual age.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: A very short read that I would highly recommend. You can read it for free on the TOR website or download a copy from Amazon. ($0.99 on Amazon ~ FYI)

No comments:

Post a Comment