Monday, January 7, 2013

Incarnate Review

Book: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Book one in the Newsoul series
Edition read: Hardcover

Blurb:

New soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies-human and creature alike-let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

My Note: 
I read Incarnate before I started this blog. Since it was one of my favorite books read in 2012, I decided to revamp my review and post it on my blog for all to see. I am hoping that this review convinces some people to read it.

My Review: 
**4.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Incarnate was a fantastic read. I picked it up thinking it would be dystopian, but was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be set in a fantasy realm.

PROS: Love the dragons! Acid spewing dragons? Fantastic! I really enjoyed Ana's journey to find out who she is and how she fits into the world when so many people are against her. You see her keep getting stronger and stronger as the book progresses.

CONS: For people who have been around for many lives, they can be really stupid. I don't understand how none of them saw Ana as an opportunity to teach and to relearn a lot that they may have forgotten. It also doesn't make sense to me that they knew right away the soul Ana was supposed to get was gone for good. Maybe Ana was new and the reincarnation would happen with the next child.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I am very much looking forward to the next book, and may even pre-order it (not something I normally do).

No comments:

Post a Comment