Friday, November 8, 2013

Review ~ Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear

Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles #2)
by Suzanne Lazear
YA Steampunk Fantasy
Published: August 8th 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

In the Faerie realm, Noli Braddock's relationship with her best friend V has grown into something more. But V's mother, Faerie Queen Tiana, has ruled that they are forbidden to see each other. Returning to the mortal realm, Noli joins the crew of her brother's air-pirate ship, the Vixen's Revenge. There she discovers that her brother has hired the scallywag Faerie huntsman, Kevighn Silver. While serving as shipmates, Kevighn and Noli learn that the Earth Court King plans to find a forbidden artifact--one that will bring destruction to everyone Noli loves.

My Review:
**4 Stars**

So, I was a little nervous about reading Charmed Vengeance as I wasn't sure where the author was going to take the story. However, once I read that Noli joins her brothers' crew... well, nervous, me? What?

There is a lot that happens in Charmed Vengeance, and especially between Noli and V. They have their share of troubles they are trying to overcome. I just wish trying to turn Noli back to human was one of them. It seemed like, probably, the most pressing issue at the end of book one, yet they don't really search for the "cure" too much in this book.

Jeff is an awesome addition to the series, however, I do not like Vix. She starts to get better towards the end, but I still don't like her. My favorite addition was the rest of the "Vixen's Revenge" crew. They brought a different aspect to the story, and sometimes a humorous one at that. I cannot wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment