Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review ~ The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo

The Witch of Duva (The Grisha #0.5)
by Leigh Bardugo
YA Fantasy (Fairytale)
Published: June 5th 2012
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

There was a time when the woods near Duva ate girls... or so the story goes. But it's just possible that the danger may be a little bit closer to home. This story is a companion folk tale to Leigh Bardugo's debut novel, Shadow and Bone.





My Review: 
**4 Stars**

Talk about "Creepy!!!" Wow. At first I thought it was going to be like Hansel and Gretel, only without Hansel. But it wasn't. It is definitely on the lines of a Fairytale. This isn't a short fantasy store. No, it is a true Fairytale.

Leigh Bardugo did a fantastic job with The Witch of Duva. I honestly had not idea what the outcome would be until it was happening. And again - creepy! Oh, and when I say Fairytale - I'm not taling one that you read to your kids at night. Nope, I am talking one of the true old style Fairytales where it gets gruesome and dark.

The only thing I don't get is why this is considered part of the Grisha series. I know it takes place in the same country, but it has nothing to do with the series and is written in a different style as well.

Great read. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment