Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review ~ Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear

Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1)
by Suzanne Lazear
YA Steampunk Fantasy
Published: August 8th 2012
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

My Review
**4.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Steampunk and faeries... how much more awesome can you get? I know a lot of people didn't enjoy this book, but I really liked it! I found the world very interesting and I liked the main character.

PROS: I really liked Noli, V, and Charlotte's characters. I thought they were all written really well. I also loved the Otherworld. It is so beautifully written. And the "boarding" school is just so scary - even more so because that is probably how things were back in Victorian era.

CONS: Even though the book started out strong, it did taper off at one point, then pick back up. I wish we could have known more about Kevighn's sister, but I guess that is going to come up in books to come...

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I can't wait for the next book! I really did like this book, and after reading some reviews, I can see why some people didn't like it. It is not a heavy steampunk book, but tends to focus more on the fae.

No comments:

Post a Comment