Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paranormalcy Review

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Book: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Book One in the Paranormalcy Trilogy
Publication Date: August 31st 2010
Edition Read: Hardcover

Blurb:

Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormal's glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

My Review: 
SPOILER ALERT

**3.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: It was hard to decide on a rating for this book. It kept bouncing around through the whole thing. At some points I would think "Oh, this is going to be a 4 star for sure", then something would happen to drop it down again.

PROS: The whole premise to the story was great. It was perfectly set up, and I can't wait to see more of it in the next book. I really liked how the author gave all the paranormals glamours. And I also really liked how she did the vampires. Because, yeah... they are dead and would be rotting corpses like how we see zombies.

All the characters were great too. Of course, I really liked Lish. [SPOILER - I cried when she died. I had really hoped that Evie was going to be able to return the souls to their bodies at the end. - END SPOILER]

CONS: The bleeps got really annoying. I know why they were in there and I liked the constant nod to Lis, but they really did get annoying. Even though I liked all the characters Evie got on my nerves sometimes. She had all this information that she really should have passed along to David at least. If she had, it probably would have ended differently for everyone. Which, may or may not have been a good thing.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Overall good book. I will be reading the rest in the series, even though I think it could be a good stand-alone book.


No comments:

Post a Comment