Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review ~ The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3)
by Rae Carson
YA High Fantasy
Published: August 27th 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

The epic conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorn trilogy. The seventeen-year-old sorcerer-queen will travel into the unknown realm of ht enemy to win back her true love, save her country, and uncover the final secrets of her destiny.

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most.

My Review: 
**4 Stars**

Not as good as the first two. Although, I can't believe it is over. The book was very slow in the beginning. It was a lot of travel, and not much going on otherwise. I do like how we bounced between Elisa's and Hector's point of views. It really added something to the whole story. The ending was very exciting though, but I wasn't happy with how Elisa acted towards her friend and sister. But, I understand her reasoning and need behind it.

Ahh... finally... Hector. There isn't anyone who didn't see this coming, but that doesn't mean it wasn't welcome. I am so very happy they ended up together. It was a much needed "happy" in a book filled with wicked secrets. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Mula. I saw her addition to the group coming, it was obvious when we first met her. She did grow on me though. The completion of Elisa's purpose was anti-climatic. But, then again, I guess it is supposed to be as we don't know the real purpose at this time.

I still can't believe the series is over. I look forward to reading whatever Rae Carson decides to write next... (I hope it is another awesome high fantasy).

No comments:

Post a Comment