Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review ~ The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa (ARC)

The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2)
by Julie Kagawa
YA Fantasy
Expected Publication: October 29th 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice. 

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.

My Review: 
**4 Stars**
I received an eGalley from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. 

Julie Kagawa... how dare you end the book like that! I was reading into the wee hours to finish the book and ended up waking my husband up with my sobbing. It just isn't right. Deep breaths... ok... next book please.

Normally Julie's books rate around a 4.5 for me, but I did have a few more problems with this book than her others. The first thing was that The Iron Traitor was very Keirran heavy. Even though it was from Ethan's perspective, Keirran seemed to take center stage. I wasn't a huge fan of Keirran in the last book, and this one didn't improve my opinion of him. I actually didn't like him in this book at all. The way I saw it was - Keirran is human, Summer Fey, Iron Fey, and Winter Fey - what side is going to win out in the end???

As always, I LOVE Ethan. Ethan is definitely book-boyfriend material. He is written perfectly and I wish we saw a little more of his and Kenzie's relationship. I also wish there was more Razor, Grim, and Puck (my favorites aside from Ethan).

Oh boy - the prophecy. This is what had me sobbing at the end of the book and the drama throughout just kept building up. I cannot wait for the next book (even though I am still mad at Julie for the ending of this one), and hope everything works out a little better (ok, a LOT better).

No comments:

Post a Comment