Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review ~ The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

The Rising (Darkness Rising #3)
by Kelley Armstrong
YA Paranormal Fantasy
Published: April 2nd 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control.

But Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her. And now, like it or not, she'll have to face down some demons from her past if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can't keep running forever.

Old secrets are revealed and unexpected characters make a surprising return in this stunning conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkness Rising trilogy.

My Review: 
**4.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Oh, the bittersweet ending to a fantastic trilogy. I am very glad that I read the Darkest Powers trilogy before reading this last book. The author brings those characters into The Rising about halfway through.

PROS: Daniel or Rafe? Daniel or Rafe? I think the author did a fantastic job with the love triangle. Maya wasn’t all lovey dovey for both then had to choose. In the end I am very glad with the choice she made.

CONS: I don’t like how Derek acted in this book. He seemed gruffer than he was at the end of The Reckoning. I also feel like something was missed while Maya was in the Cabal house. I also wish there was a little more of Sam. I love her character.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I can’t believe it is over. I do hope that eventually there will be another trilogy. The author seems to have left it open for at least one more book later on. Awesome trilogy, fast read, and one I would highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment